Friday, April 6, 2012

U2: The Band that will change the World!

On Fridays I will be going to my iTunes and turning on shuffle and who ever is the artist of the song that plays will be the focus for this blog.
This weeks post is going to be about: U2.
U2 is becoming more and more popular each day. With their political affiliation and their activism they are popular even outside of their music. I first got into them when I got a hold of a copy of their Joshua Tree album. When I listened to the album I got kind of a christian vibe coming from it and I liked it. The lead singer Bono is a born again Christian and makes sure he has a prayer meeting before every concert.

Their sound to me is soft, but meaning full. I only own one album from them, Joshua Tree, and I really do love it. I actually here that Joshua Tree is not their greatest album. On a Top 10 list that they rate Joshua Tree third. Above it is War and Achtung Baby. At some point I will end up getting these two albums just not right now. Rolling Stone magazine has ranked U2 at the number 22 spot in the list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. They have won 22 Grammy Awards and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2005.
Here is my favorite song by them:


And that is how my iTunes found them while it was on Shuffle!


Thanks for reading today's post, as always leave a comment down below about anything or the question of the day, which is:
 

QOTD: Are you now a fan of the U2?

Until Next Time,
The Pop Cult. Blogger

P.S. If you want instant notification on when these blogs are posted and you have a Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account, you are in luck. There is a little button on the right margin of each blogs that says "Join this Site". Click it and you have the option to follow this blog and be notified when I post anything. If you dont have a Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account you can always create one, since they are all free to use, and come back and join the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment