Friday, February 24, 2012

Jonathan Coulton: Geek you can believe in!

On Fridays I will be going to my iTunes and turning on shuffle and who ever is the artist of the song that plays will be the focus for the blog.


This weeks post is going to be about: Jonathan Coulton
Jonathan Coulton is the nerd we all want to be. He is a Computer Programmer turned Singer/Songwriter. The first song I have heard by him was Still Alive, which happened to be the song played during the credits of a popular puzzle based video game (Portal, if you didn't know that.) My favorite songs by him are Ikea, Millionaire Girlfriend, Code Monkey, Mr. Fancy Pants, and Obviously Still Alive. 


He has a unique sound and it defiantly is a sound that I like. I started playing Portal back in summer of 2009 and didn't really try and beat it until later that year. So naturally after I beat the game the credits rolled and I liked the song which then made me buy the Orange Box soundtrack. Which had his version and the Portal version of the song on it. Not to long after that I got introduced to more of his songs like Code Monkey and Ikea. So naturally I bought every song by I could get my hands on.


And that is how my iTunes found him while it was on Shuffle!


Thanks for reading today's post, as always leave a comment down below about anything or the question of the day, which is: 

QOTD: Are you now a fan of 
Jonathan Coulton?

Until Next Time,
The Pop Cult. Blogger

P.S. If you want instant notification on when these blogs are posted and you have a Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account, you are in luck. There is a little button on the right margin of each blogs that says "Join this Site". Click it and you have the option to follow this blog and be notified when I post anything. If you dont have a Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account you can always create one, since they are all free to use, and come back and join the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment