Friday, April 13, 2012

Coldplay: The group that steals music!

On Fridays I will be going to my iTunes and turning on shuffle and who ever is the artist of the song that plays will be the focus for this blog.
This weeks post is going to be about: Coldplay

Coldplay is an Alternative Rock group from London, England. They are one of the only modern British bands that I listen to. Their songs are good to listen to at home or at a concert when the whole crowd is singing along. I own my favorite parts of each of their albums. I own all of the songs on Mylo Xyloto album, which is their latest one. They released some Christmas songs and I own those too. I also own the vinyl of that album, because I preordered it. I was planning on seeing them in concert when they come to my town, but tickets are pretty expensive.

Coldplay has been caught stealing some songs lately. There has been a lawsuit filled agenst them because a songwritter says they stole some of his music. Sammie Lee Smith says he was the one that composed Yellow, Clocks, and Trouble. This was back in 2010, two years after Viva la Vida was released. Also in September 2009 Joe Satriani accused the Coldplay of stealing a lot of parts of his song If I Could Fly. They denied doing that too. There is also speculation that they stole the main chord design for Every Teardrop is a Waterfall from Peter Allen's I Go To Rio. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is actually one of my favorite songs by them too. If they really stole from these artist I would be mad, but I would still listen to their music. I mean why not, they are a really good group that will continue to grow no matter what.


It took me a long time to make a final decision what my favorite song by them was, so then I just choose the one I listened to the most on iTunes.

Here is my favorite song by them:


And that is how my iTunes found them while it was on Shuffle!

Thanks for reading today's post, as always leave a comment down below about anything or the question of the day, which is:
 

QOTD: Are you now a fan of the Coldplay?

Until Next Time,
The Pop Cult. Blogger

P.S. If you want instant notification on when these blogs are posted and you have a Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account, you are in luck. There is a little button on the right margin of each blogs that says "Join this Site". Click it and you have the option to follow this blog and be notified when I post anything. If you dont have a Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account you can always create one, since they are all free to use, and come back and join the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment