Friday, March 23, 2012

Rob Thomas: Songwriter of the Rich and Famous

On Fridays I will be going to my iTunes and turning on shuffle and who ever is the artist of the song that plays will be the focus for this blog.


This weeks post is going to be about: Rob Thomas.
Rob Thomas is a very talented singer/songwriter. The first time I heard him sing was with Carlos Santana on the song Smooth. It took me a few years to actually buy his albums, Something to be and Cradlesong. Right after I got into his albums I started to get into Matchbox Twenty, which is where he was lead songwriter and singer. Rob has actually helped write songs for Tom Petty, Mick Jagger, and Daughtry. He was born in Ramstein Air Base in West Germany even though he considers himself being from Orlando, Florida. He was born on February 14, 1972 (I seriously can't believe he is 40).

His music is soft sounding with a good beat, which I always love to listen to. My favorite song that he did outside of Matchbox Twenty would have to be Fire On The Mountain, because its loud when it needs it and it has a good message in the song. My other favorite by him would have to be Wonderful, which is loud and makes you want to move. I heard not to long ago that Matchbox Twenty was back together and working on another album that will be released this year. I really can't wait for it to be released so I can put it on repeat for a while. A few years back Carlos Santana got a some singers and musicians together to make a album containing The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time. Here his version of Sunshine Of Your Love featuring Rob Thomas:

(I am having a problem with the video, so you might have to watch it on Youtube.)

And that is how my iTunes found him while it was on Shuffle!

Thanks for reading today's post, as always leave a comment down below about anything or the question of the day, which is: 

QOTD: Are you now a fan of the Rob Thomas?

Until Next Time,
The Pop Cult. Blogger

P.S. If you want instant notification on when these blogs are posted and you have a Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account, you are in luck. There is a little button on the right margin of each blogs that says "Join this Site". Click it and you have the option to follow this blog and be notified when I post anything. If you dont have a Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account you can always create one, since they are all free to use, and come back and join the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment